Baxter Healthcare is one of the few suppliers in the healthcare industry that controls and operates its own logistics operation. Our extensive distribution network across Australia and New Zealand allow us to control customer orders right through to delivery, in most instances via our own dedicated truck fleet.
Each warehouse has achieved ISO9001 Quality Management Standard, International Customer Service Accreditation Standard, ISO14001 Environmental Standard, AS4801 Safety Standard and compliance to GMP requirements and AS4187 for handling of sterile products.
Baxter Healthcare has built a reputation as one of the premier suppliers in the industry.
Ward Delivery Service
Baxter Healthcare has been providing a ward delivery service in Australia now for more than 10 years. Currently Baxter services more than 50 hospitals with some form of value added service. These service offerings are flexible and tailored to the individual customers requirements. They can range from managing EDI orders for individual wards delivered to the hospital dock, through to a full service offering including stock count, order management, delivery and put away (including stock rotation).
Benefits and Savings
- One customer is saving $100,000 p.a. with the introduction of our ward delivery service
- Warehouse space was reduced by 1400m2 despite a significant increase in demand at the new campus
- Reduction of hospital inventory saved approximately $50,000 p.a.
- Ward replenishment labour reduced from 38 hours to 5 hours per week
- Stock outs and expired stock eliminated
- Purchase order administration and internal customer billing simplified
- OH& S issues improved with better product access with heavier and fast moving lines moved to waist height
- Ward level storage utilisation increased
- Ability to absorb increases in activity with no additional operational costs
- Medical emergencies supported through 24/7 procedure