Personal information is information that identifies you or could reasonably identify you, such as your name, contact details and records of your dealings with Baxter. Sensitive Information is a type of personal information which includes, among other things, details about your health and medical information.
Our purposes for handling your personal information
Baxter collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to interact with you or your organisation and carry out transactions with you or your organisation
- to provide products and services to you or your healthcare provider
- to engage in, develop and maintain relationship with business contacts, including medical practitioners and other health professionals
- to maintain its business records
- to assess applications for employment and to act as an employer
- to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you
- any purpose required or permitted by law
- any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented
- any purpose that you would otherwise reasonably expect, and
- otherwise to manage its business.
Collection of personal information
Baxter will collect your personal information through our interactions with you, for example:
- when it provides your healthcare provider with products and services, such as where it fills an order to compound medication for you or your healthcare provider
- when it communicates with you by telephone, mail, email, including when providing technical and customer support
- when you provide your personal information when using the Baxter website, including the Baxter Professional website
- through your consultancy arrangements with Baxter
- through your participation in Baxter sponsored or supported clinical trials, conferences or other educational events, and
- when it receives applications for employment.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Baxter may disclose your personal information to third parties which assist Baxter in providing its products and services, for example:
- service providers, including IT services, insurers, financial institutions, mailing houses, etc
- related companies and other business partners
- professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, and
- your agents and representatives.
Baxter may use your personal information to provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you, including via email, SMS or the post. If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing communications from Baxter, please contact us on (02) 9848 1111 or write to the attention of the Privacy Officer, Baxter Healthcare ANZ, 1 Baxter Drive, Old Toongabbie, NSW 2146.
As an international company, Baxter may disclose your personal information outside of Australia, to Singapore, the United States of America, Belgium and Sweden including storing it at information technology servers in Singapore, the United States of America, Belgium and Sweden. Baxter also uses a cloud information technology storage provider which may hold your personal information in a range of countries. Baxter seeks to ensure that any overseas entities to which it discloses personal information comply with the relevant parts of the Privacy Act. This includes ensuring that there are appropriate security measures in place to protect personal information from improper use and disclosure.
How we hold your personal information
Baxter holds your personal information in both paper-based and electronic files. Electronic information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. Baxter seeks to ensure that personal information that it holds is protected from misuse, interference and loss caused by unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Baxter employees and agents are obliged to treat any personal information confidentially. Additionally, Baxter will only retain your information for so long as it is reasonably needed for the functions and activities of its business.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact Baxter to request access to the personal information that we hold about you, and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time on (02) 9848 11111. On the rare occasions when Baxter refuses access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. Baxter may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by Baxter.
Baxter is not obliged to correct any of your personal information if it does not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If Baxter refuses a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing.
Questions and complaints
Please click here for a PDF copy of this document